Providian Medical Scholarship
Providian Medical, a premiere provider of new and refurbished ultrasound, CT, and MRI medical equipment is looking to help future generations achieve their educational goals. The “Providian Medical Scholarship” is awarded bi-annually to help ease the burden of increasing educational costs today.
Increasing enrollment and increasing costs for a college education have made it increasingly difficult for students to get financial assistance as competition for scholarships continues to become more difficult.
We believe that education is key for anyone preparing to enter the workplace and embark on a career. To that end, we hope to play a small part in helping students achieve their educational goals with this bi-annual $500 scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, you must submit an original essay of up to 1,500 words that describes how medical equipment technology has changed the face of a college course and curriculum. Entries can also include a look toward the future and how this area of study will continue to evolve and advance.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of principles and employees of Providian Medical. The decision of the panel will be based on originality, research, and quality of the essay submitted. Any student planning for a medical or veterinary career is especially encouraged to enter, however, students on any career path are also welcome to apply.
Requirements for entry:
- Must be enrolled at an accredited high school, college or university in the United States
- Must be either in your final year of high school or enrolled at the undergraduate level in “good standing”
- Must be age 16 or older
- Must be attending a U.S.-based institution
- Must maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent)
- Entries must be post marked by June 21st for our Summer Entry Deadline or Jan 15th for our Winter Entry Deadline
- There is no formal entry form; simply follow the instructions on this page
- No email or fax entries will be accepted. Entries must be sent by U.S. mail
- No additional material or documentation (such as tax returns, letters of recommendation, etc.) is needed or accepted
- Each entry should include the following: printed copy of your essay with your complete contact information on each page (full name, address, email address and phone number) and a statement or transcript showing your current cumulative GPA (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
Please send all materials to:
ATTN: Providian Medical Scholarship
5335 Avion Park Dr. Unit A
Highland Heights, OH 44143
Other Important Scholarship Links:
Past Scholarship Winners
Amishi Bajaj – University of Chicago
AnnaMae Aufrance – Marlington High School
Neel Shah – Northeastern University
Michael Culbert – Loyola University
Michael Shumers – University of Florida
Anagha Sreevals – George Mason University
Megan Zampano – Quinnipiac University
Lauren Lozano – University of Arizona
Audrey Villarosa – Ohio State